Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Mother

I just wanted to say a little bit about how thankful that my mom is who she is...

This past week our whole family was sick with the flu/cough/fever, and my mom did everything by herself. Of course my daddy was there to help her, but then eventually he got sick too. When either of us kids got sick, she was always there with something to make us feel better, including the "loving and caring mom smile". She never stopped helping us out. And through all this, throughout all the waking up at nights to care for us, the sleeping on the couch with Hannah, the running to the store constently to buy medicine of all sorts...she never once complained. Just kept on doing it with a glad and cheerful spirit!! And then Valentines Day came, and while she was at the store, she bought a bag of chocolates for her family, and sent a beautiful e-card with wonderful words.



My mother is truly a Proverbs 31 woman, and I thank her SO much for being one and helping all us kids out through the time of sickness.



Please take time right now to tell your parents how much you love and adore them, it might just be one of your last days with them.


~Happy Valentines Day~

4 comments:

Miss Amy said...

That was a beautiful post! :-)
Mom's are one of God's best gifts!
I'm sorry to hear you were all sick! :-( I hope you are feeling better now!
Love, Amy

Jessica McDonald said...

Lovely post, M'dear!!
Mothers are so special, aren't they? :)

Love you lots!!

Jessica

Emil Bandy said...

None of the Candlers seem to be posting!?!?!?!?!

*Starts chanting*
New post.. New post... New post :D

Jessica McDonald said...

*agrees with Emil*

NEW POST! NEW POST! NEW POST! :-D

Pretty please? :-)

Love, Jess